Please enjoy this episode of The Gate 15 Interview podcast on Spotify for Podcasters, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
In this episode of The Gate 15 Interview, Andy Jabbour visits with Chuck Egli, Senior Director at Gate 15 and Director of Preparedness and Response for WaterISAC, and Jennifer Lyn Walker, Director of Cyber Defense for Gate 15 and Director of Infrastructure Cyber Defense for WaterISAC. About WaterISAC: The U.S. water and wastewater sector’s leading national associations and research foundations established the Water Information Sharing and Analysis Center (WaterISAC) in 2002, in coordination with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. That same year, it was authorized by Congress in the Bioterrorism Act. WaterISAC is the designated information sharing and operations arm of the Water Sector Coordinating Council. WaterISAC is the only all-threats security information source for the water and wastewater sector. Members provide water and wastewater service to most of the United States, as well as in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. Membership is also open to organizations in the U.K. and the Netherlands. WaterISAC is a non-profit organization, governed by a board of managers comprising water and wastewater utility managers and state drinking water administrators who are appointed by the partner organizations shown above. Built from the ground up to serve the water sector, WaterISAC is uniquely positioned to understand and support the sector’s needs. Read more.
- On LinkedIn
- On Twitter: @WaterISAC
- On LinkedIn
- On LinkedIn
- On Twitter: @Gate15_Jen
It’s April and it’s Water-palooza! Following this month’s Nerd Out, Nerd Out Security Panel Discussion: EP 36. Making your way into the security profession, which included two members of the WaterISAC team, Andy sits down with Chuck Egli and Jennifer Lyn Walker to talk about WaterISAC and the many things happening with the community. In the discussion we address:
- Chuck, Jen and WaterISAC’s backgrounds & the WaterISAC mission.
- The criticality of water – our most critical lifeline!
- WaterISAC’s evolution over the years, with great reports, resources, forums and events for the water and wastewater community.
- Physical and cyber threats to the Sector – from extremism and the Hard Reset to insider threats and a lot more!
- Adding to his comments in last month’s interview, Andy offers CISA more unsolicited guidance…
- Pirates, monuments, and favorite past times in Andy’s possibly nefarious social engineering game.
A few references mentioned in or relevant to our discussion include:
- About WaterISAC
- H2OSecCon 2022
- Coming Soon! H2OSecCon 2023! Sign up for notifications and be there as a sponsor or participant!
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, Episode 6 – The ISAC Edition/Series Part 2; A chat with WaterISAC
- CyberScoop: Did someone really hack into the Oldsmar, Florida, water treatment plant? New details suggest maybe not. 10 Apr 2023
- Security Affairs: A cyber attack hit the water controllers for irrigating fields in the Jordan Valley, 11 Apr 2023
- The Gate 15 Interview: Climate Change Threats with Dr. Jeff Masters. Sea Level Rise, Drought, the 2023 Hurricane Season, plus Devo, Watermelon and the beauty of the Havasupai Canyon!
The Gate 15 Interview is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues. Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Spotify for Podcasters, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Security Sprint is our weekly rundown of the week’s notable all-hazards security news, risks and threats and some of the key focus areas for organizations to consider behind the headlines. Gate 15 team members discuss physical security, cybersecurity, natural hazards, health threats and other issues across our environment.
- The Risk Roundtable is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: email@example.com.