In this episode of The Gate 15 Interview, Andy Jabbour talks with Erin Miller, Executive Director for Space ISAC (https://s-isac.org). “The Space ISAC serves to facilitate collaboration across the global space industry to enhance our ability to prepare for and respond to vulnerabilities, incidents, and threats; to disseminate timely and actionable information among member entities; and to serve as the primary communications channel for the sector with respect to this information.” Erin on Twitter: @erinmarmiller. Erin on LinkedIn.
In the discussion we address:
- Erin’s background
- Space ISAC, now and into the future
- Blockchain in space
- Threats, risks and working with the community to secure space infrastructure
- Erin weighs in on important issues, including the great Pluto debate (!), and more in our three questions segment
- And other great discussion!
‘We are on a journey and our journey is multi-decades long…’Erin Miller, Executive Director for Space ISAC
A few references mentioned in or relevant to our discussion include:
- Microsoft blog: Microsoft joins Space ISAC as founding member to further space cybersecurity intelligence, 23 Jun 2021
- Space ISAC members and membership
- We discussed ransomware, as we so often do in our podcasts, blog and client reports. A few references can be found in the notes from this podcast: The Risk Roundtable: EP 21. Ransomware and Terrorism – they never seem to go away, among other references you can access on our blog.
- Andy shares a favorite space tweet
Please enjoy this episode of The Gate 15 Interview podcast on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
The Gate 15 Interview is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues. Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Risk Roundtable, is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.