Please enjoy this month’s episode of The Gate 15 podcast on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
The latest episode of the Risk Roundtable gets the group going in all sorts of directions ranging from an opening related to COVID fatigue, Cybersecurity Awareness Month, and disgruntled employees. After deliberating whether they need a new roulette round music selection (Dave volunteered to sing it), the group sang the praises of new CISA chief Jen Easterly and the way she has been out front on all of the latest security issues. The team revisits the importance of patching (catch out Jen’s latest The Cybersecurity Evangelist podcast for more details). The group wrapped up with Andy’s three questions to address Super Bowl projections, Halloween, and what show we would want to reboot – hello Quantum Leap!
Some of the references from our podcast and additional resources include:
- Gate 15: Cybersecurity Awareness Month 2021: Tips from the Pros! In this post, we share some background on this 18th Cybersecurity Awareness Month and some pro tips from two great leaders in cybersecurity, Health-ISAC‘s Chief Security Officer, Errol Weiss, and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency‘s Director, Jen Easterly.
- Revisiting our call for the establishment of CISA and the nomination of Chris Krebs to lead it, from December 2017: Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security: Time to Make This Happen.
- CISA and the NSA: CISA and NSA Release Guidance on Selecting and Hardening VPNs & Selecting and Hardening Remote Access VPN, 28 Sep 2021.
- Gate 15 White Paper: The Hostile Event Attack Cycle (HEAC), 2021 Update.
- Dept. of Justice, Indictment: Kansas Man Indicted For Tampering With A Public Water System, 31 Mar 2021.
We also shared the Twitter handles of the most recent NPPD and CISA leaders:
And while you’re starting to follow those, don’t forget to follow:
- Gate 15, @Gate_15_Analyst
- Jennifer Lyn Walker, The Cybersecurity Evangelist, @Gate15_Jen
- Dave Pounder, @dpounder
- CISA, @CISAgov
- NSA cybersecurity, @NSACyber and Director Rob Joyce, @NSA_CSDirector
The Risk Roundtable podcast is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. As we seek to help apply a threat-informed, risk-based approach to analysis, preparedness and operations, we hope these podcasts are informative and maybe even a little entertaining. Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: email@example.com.
- The Risk Roundtable, a panel discussion among our Gate 15 team;
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker;
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder; and
- The Gate 15 Interview, a monthly interview with security and risk management leaders.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback!