Please enjoy this month’s episode of The Gate 15 podcast on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
In the latest episode of the Risk Roundtable, in a nod to Jen, the team goes full nerd about a series of new cybersecurity products and reports. Starting off with CISA’s Known Exploited Vulnerabilities Catalog, Jen can barely contain her excitement about the importance of the report while also addressing the challenges organizations face. Dave, clearly out of his element, tries to counter with his own report – Sophos’ The State of Ransomware 2022 report that reminded everyone ransomware is still alive and well…and thriving. Shifting to the roulette round, Dave assumes control, albeit briefly, while Jen and Andy talk about various innovative methods organizations can take to strengthen their internal programs and processes. The Roundtable wrapped up with some lighter topics during Andy’s three questions that were perfect for this time of the year.
Some of the references from our podcast include:
- CISA, FBI, NSA, and International Partners Warn Organizations of Top Routinely Exploited Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities
- CISA’s Known Exploited Vulnerabilities Catalog
- Sophos: The State of Ransomware 2022
- The Gate 15 Interview: Ben Taylor, on Cannabis ISAO, Cannabis Industry security, cybersecurity, rescue dogs and more!
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist: Ep 18 – Space Systems are Critical Infrastructure for Critical Infrastructure
- Cofense Annual Phishing Report Highlights 10 Point Increase in Credential Phishing
- S4x22 ICS Security Event
- OT/ICS Security – Consequence-driven Cyber-informed Engineering (CCE)
- CISA’s Shields Up webpage
- And check out our upcoming Hostile Event Preparedness Education we mentioned-our three part series starting this month, online for free!
The Risk Roundtable podcast is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. As we seek to help apply a threat-informed, risk-based approach to analysis, preparedness and operations, we hope these podcasts are informative and maybe even a little entertaining. Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Risk Roundtable, a panel discussion among our Gate 15 team;
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker;
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder; and
- The Gate 15 Interview, a monthly interview with security and risk management leaders.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback!