By Jennifer Lyn Walker, The Cybersecurity Evangelist
Please enjoy this month’s episode of The Gate 15 podcast on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
This month, The Cybersecurity Evangelist finally takes her turn talking with Health-ISAC (H-ISAC) on Episode 17. This episode marks H-ISAC’s third appearance on the Gate 15 Podcast Channel – the Gate 15 Podcast trifecta! All three of our spin-off pods have had a round with someone from H-ISAC. First, Andy in The Gate 15 Interview: A Conversation with Errol Weiss, Chief Security Officer, Health-ISAC (27 July 2020), then Dave talked to Jon Crosson in Nerd Out Security Panel Discussion: EP 15. Let’s talk about Health! (July 2021). This time, little ‘ol me put her ISAC analyst hat on and got to chat with the heart of Health-ISAC – the dynamic duo of Zach Nelson (Threat Operations Center Manager) and Joshua Justice (Senior Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst) from the Threat Operations Center.
After I geeked out a little with Josh on his Capture the Flag (CTF) development experience, both Zach and Josh talked about what drives Health-ISAC and the goals of the Threat Operations Center – the privacy and security of our protected health information (PHI) and why threat actors want that information – yours and mine! We also talked a little about cross-sector collaboration, especially between the ISACs, and rounded it out with a general reminder for all to be #BeCyberSmart about phishing themes leveraging the Russia-Ukraine conflict.
By the way… rumor has it that Zach and Josh supposedly cut their teeth on TCE. But if you ask me, they’re ready to launch their own podcast – perhaps a pod version of H-ISAC’s “Hacking Healthcare”… 😉 What do you think? Have a listen to a couple of budding podcasters!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- H-ISAC Events
- The Gate 15 Interview: A Conversation with Errol Weiss, Chief Security Officer, Health-ISAC (27 July 2020)
- Nerd Out Security Panel Discussion: EP 15. Let’s talk about Health! (July 2021)
- Current and Emerging Healthcare Cyber Threat Landscape (watch for the TLP:WHITE version of this report)
- What To Know About Medical Identity Theft (FTC)
Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page.
You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, listen and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigations, and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Risk Roundtable, is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused podcast designed with a little cyber-something to help everyone be more cyber secure.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview, is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.