Please enjoy this month’s episode of The Gate 15 podcast on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
It started off with sweaty shirts and Jen’s big announcement and ended with Dave wondering about green tea. But in-between, the latest episode of the Risk Roundtable saw Andy, Jen and Dave talk about familiar topics – namely persistent threats. Unfortunately, for all the times we have talked about them, these threats hang around and continue to strike at individuals and organizations. Whether cyber or physical, threat actors continue to go to the same proverbial wells again and again, because they work.
The gang talked about exposed vulnerabilities and the latest cyber threats and recounted the latest string of hostile events ranging from Buffalo, to Texas, to California, and many the others in-between. Relevant to the discussion was the release of the latest National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS) bulletin that addressed the latest threats and extremist risks. After going through the roulette round, Andy led Jen and a partially paying attention Dave through some fun yes or no questions.
Some of the references from our podcast include:
- CISA’s Known Exploited Vulnerabilities Catalog
- CISA’s new MFA page, and CISA Director Jen Easterly singing about ‘More Than a Password‘
- WaterISAC and Dragos and the new OT-CERT, and Dragos CEO, Robert M Lee on Twitter and Dawn Cappelli on Twitter
- Shadowserver on Twitter and website
- Gate 15’s Hostile Events Attack Cycle (HEAC) White Paper
- Gate 15: Highlights: FBI Update on Active Shooter Incidents in the United States
- Rob Yandow’s The Brain and the Body -The Physiological Response That Occurs When We Experience Fear, Stress, Trauma and Critical Incidents
- Tweet on The Cybersecurity Evangelist, episode 19, A Few ICS Security Thingz
- Nerd Out Security Panel Discussion: EP 25. Buffalo and the Journey into Hate, with Dave Pounder and terrorism expert, Bridget Johnson, Twitter: @BridgetCJ
- The Gate 15 Interview: Leigh Honeywell: 🇨🇦 Hacker, Community Organizer and CEO at Tall Poppy
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist: Ep 18 – Space Systems are Critical Infrastructure for Critical Infrastructure
The Risk Roundtable podcast is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. As we seek to help apply a threat-informed, risk-based approach to analysis, preparedness and operations, we hope these podcasts are informative and maybe even a little entertaining. Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: email@example.com.
- The Risk Roundtable, a panel discussion among our Gate 15 team;
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker;
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder; and
- The Gate 15 Interview, a monthly interview with security and risk management leaders.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback!