Please enjoy our newest podcast, the Weekly Security Sprint, on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
On this week’s Security Sprint, Dave allows Andy to start off and talk about the rightful name for the third Monday in February. Then Dave and Andy covered the following topics.
Twitter & MFA
- Twitter: An update on two-factor authentication using SMS on Twitter, 15 Feb.
- TechSpot, Twitter’s SMS two-factor authentication is now a paid feature, 19 Feb
- Bleeping Computer, Twitter gets rid of SMS 2FA for non-Blue members — What you need to do, 19 Feb
- Rachel Tobac on Twitter’s update, via Twitter, 17 Feb
- Jen Easterly on Twitter’s update, via Twitter, 19 Feb
FBI: Director Wray’s Remarks at the 2023 Homeland Security Symposium and Expo, 16 Feb
Oakland’s Ransomware Attack:
- Pogo Was Right, Data Breaches.net, Weeklong ransomware attack on Oakland government drags on, 18 Feb
- San Francisco Business Times: Oakland cyberattack hobbles planning department, blocks most building permits, 17 Feb
- Kron4: Oakland PD warns of delayed response times after city targeted by ransomware attack, 14 Feb
Supply Chain: UK National Cyber Security Centre: Supply Chain Cyber Security: Assessing and gaining confidence in your suppliers (PDF)
- CNN: Joe Biden makes surprise visit to Ukraine, 20 Feb
- LA Times: Suspect in shootings of two Jewish men in L.A. is charged with federal hate crimes, 17 Feb
- CERT-EU: Sustained activity by specific threat actors, 15 Feb
Get all these updates and more in our free daily paper, The Gate 15 SUN!
Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Security Sprint is our weekly rundown of the week’s notable all-hazards security news, risks and threats and some of the key focus areas for organizations to consider behind the headlines. Gate 15 team members discuss physical security, cybersecurity, natural hazards, health threats and other issues across our environment.
- The Risk Roundtable is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: email@example.com.