Please enjoy our newest podcast, the Weekly Security Sprint, on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
In this week’s Security Sprint, Dave and Andy talked about the following topics:
Event and Venue Safety and Security:
- Athletic Business: Crowd Crush Ensues Outside Purdue’s Mackey Arena as Students Wait for Ticket Giveaway, 08 Feb
- IAVM’s Academy for Venue Safety and Security
- DoJ: Maryland Woman and Florida Man Face Federal Charges for Conspiring to Destroy Energy Facilities, 06 Feb
- HS Today: Pair Charged with Conspiring to Attack Maryland Power Facilities with Mylar Balloons, Rifle in Extremist Plot, 06 Feb
- Heavy: Sarah Clendaniel & Brandon Russell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know, 07 Feb
- Gate 15: The Gate 15 Interview: Brian Harrell on Energy & Infrastructure Security, plus baseball, boating & burgers!, 26 Dec 2022
- BlackFog: Retail Sector Ransomware Attacks Grow in 2022, 07 Feb
- CISA Alerts
- VMWare: ESXiArgs: Questions & Answers
- Recorded Future: In Before The Lock: ESXi, 13 Feb:
Top Risks in Cybersecurity 2023:
- Bipartisan Policy Center: Top Risks in Cybersecurity 2023, 12 Feb
- Washington Post Cybersecurity 202: The top cyber risks to watch out for in 2023, 13 Feb
- BBC: Ukraine war – Russia planning 24 February offensive, Ukrainian defence minister says, 02 Feb
- Darth Putin on Twitter: @DarthPutinKGB
- Risky Biz News: Russia wants to absolve patriotic hackers from any criminal liability, 12 Feb
- Group-IB: Know Thy Enemy: unraveling the “Hi-Tech Crime Trends 2022/2023” report, 10 Feb
- WSJ: Insurers Say Cyberattack That Hit Merck Was Warlike Act, Not Covered, 08 Feb
- BlackCloak Identifies Surge in Doxxing and Swatting Threats on Corporate Executives, 08 Feb
- Graphika: Deepfake It Till You Make It, 07 Feb
- Dave & Andy talking U2’s top 5 albums: Nerd Out Security Panel Discussion: EP 12. High Stress and U….2., 20 Apr 2021
Get all these updates and more in our free daily paper, The Gate 15 SUN!
Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. You can subscribe and enjoy all the Gate 15 Podcasts on Anchor, Apple, Spotify, Google, as well as other locations accessible from the Anchor link. Week-to-week, you can hear and learn more about our all-hazards threats, risks, mitigation and other issues impacting homeland security risk management from our team as well as our regular and special guests. The full podcast menu includes:
- The Security Sprint is our weekly rundown of the week’s notable all-hazards security news, risks and threats and some of the key focus areas for organizations to consider behind the headlines. Gate 15 team members discuss physical security, cybersecurity, natural hazards, health threats and other issues across our environment.
- The Risk Roundtable is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally.
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker, is a cybersecurity-focused discussion with Jen and invited guests.
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder, focuses on physical security topics including terrorism, extremism, hostile events, and other pertinent topics.
- The Gate 15 Interview is a monthly interview between Gate 15’s founder and Managing Director, Andy Jabbour and guests from throughout the homeland security risk management community addressing a wide range of all-hazards topics and issues.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.