Please enjoy this month’s episode of The Gate 15 podcast on Anchor, Spotify, Apple, Google, as well as other locations accessible via the Anchor link or almost anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts.
A year ago, as the pandemic had taken hold around the world, there was a lot of confusion and uncertainty. And while threats were equally as susceptible to COVID, many quickly rose to exploit the situation. Now that vaccines are being distributed and the world is slowly reopening, does this change the threat environment? The Risk Roundtable crew discusses this potential, as well as other security matters that individuals and organizations should be on guard for moving into the summer months. Then after the risk roulette discussion, complete with music (thanks Dave), Andy leads the gang in a “get to know you” series of questions.
Some of the references from this episode of the Risk Roundtable include:
- Dave’s 2019 post in HS Today, “3 Years After Pulse Attack, Threats Faced by LGBTQ Community During Pride Month” (09 Jun 2019)
- Nerd Out Security Panel Discussion: EP 11. Reopenings, Protests, and the future of Conspiracy, 16 Mar 2021
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion: EP 7. Protests, Terrorism, Holidays and love for Chris Krebs! 17 Nov 2020
- The Gate 15 Interview: Protests, Prejudice, and Perspective in Intelligence & Analysis, with Jorhena Thomas, 25 Jun 2020
- March For Our Lives Protests, Counter-Protests and Mass Gathering Security Awareness, 22 Mar 2018
- Tennessee: Threat Awareness & Preparedness Help Contain White Supremacist Rallies in Wake of Recent Violence, 29 Oct 2017
- After Charlottesville: Future Protest Security & Safety Considerations, 17 Aug 2017
- LGBT Pride: Celebration And Security During Heightened Tensions, 08 Jun 2017
- RTF Report: Combatting RansomwareA Comprehensive Framework for Action: Key Recommendations from the Ransomware Task Force, and PDF.
- DHS CISA on ransomware: https://www.cisa.gov/ransomware
- FTC Ransomware Prevention: An Update for Business: A Federal Trade Commission blog outlining the commission’s stance on ransomware.
- NCIJTF Ransomware Factsheet: The National Cyber Investigative Joint Task Force (NCIJTF) released a joint-sealed ransomware factsheet to address current ransomware threats and provide information on prevention and mitigation techniques.
- Department of Treasury Advisory on Potential Sanctions for Facilitating Ransomware Payments: The U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) issued an advisory to alert companies that engage with victims of ransomware attacks of the potential sanctions risks for facilitating ransomware payments.
- Department of Treasury Advisory on Ransomware and the Use of the Financial System to Facilitate Ransom Payments: This advisory alerts financial institutions to predominant trends, typologies, and potential indicators of ransomware and associated money laundering activities.
The Risk Roundtable podcast is a recurring monthly discussion among our team and occasional guests as we explore the all-hazards threats and risks impacting the United States and internationally. As we seek to help apply a threat-informed, risk-based approach to analysis, preparedness and operations, we hope these podcasts are informative and maybe even a little entertaining. Read more about Gate 15’s full podcast menu at our Podcast page. We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback! Reach out to us on Twitter, LinkedIn or via email at: email@example.com.
- The Risk Roundtable, a panel discussion among our Gate 15 team;
- The Cybersecurity Evangelist, with Jennifer Lyn Walker;
- Nerd Out! Security Panel Discussion, moderated by Dave Pounder; and
- The Gate 15 Interview, a monthly interview with security and risk management leaders.
We hope you’ll subscribe, listen and share your ideas and other feedback!